Sufjan Stevens


Ok, so I finally listened to Illinoise. *sigh* It's very easy to get me to like a piece of music, just stick some harmonies or choral backing in there, and BAM you've got me. Hah! I see right through it now. What does Sufjan qualify as anyway, "folksy/epic"? He's just so 'indie-movie starring Zac Braff sound track look at me aren't I cute and quirky'. Look at that picture, all it's missing is the shirt-matching wallpaper in the background. But that's not to say I don't like indie movies. Did he just say all the glory the Lord has made? He didn't really just say he cried himself to sleep last night? Oh, how poetic. No really, I like it. Despite the somewhat cloying lyrics, I have no doubt I'll find myself humming along with them. The instrumental bits are quite pretty too. I guess. I'm not really in love with the place in Sufjan's mind, but I wouldn't mind popping in for a cup of tea every now and then.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Didn't I tell you to listen to him ages ago? :P
Illinois is very good. It was even better hearing it live at the State Theatre.

PS: The real reason everyone loves him is for hotness.

Popular posts from this blog

Garden of Unearthly Silent Disco

Getting Ink Done or Getting Done by Ink

Celebrity Gossip - Feb 2008