Crazy like an absent Garfield

I feel a little nuts this week, cramming my head with all manner of arts stuff, and being slightly disappointed that what has leaked out so far isn't more meaningful. I guess it just needs some time to stew, but if there is one thing I don't have patience with, its myself. So I feel compelled to wander off my conceptual course, and into the daily funnies. Garfield strips, which never really appealed to me, are so much more interesting with-out Garfield. Jon becomes a strange lonely man talking to himself, and that is fascinating enough. Yet, in my art-overloaded delerium, I look at these absent garfields, and start to imagine him in conversation with the abstract concept of art. It seems so perfectly and bizarrely appropriate. My goodness, I really have fallen off the deep end.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Haha yeah these are rather amusing. Ever since I first saw them, I can only read normal Garfield comics without Garfield.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Gossip - Feb 2008

Garden of Unearthly Silent Disco

Getting Ink Done or Getting Done by Ink