Google Please


Oh Google, could you do me a little favour please? I know you have a lot on your plate, what with Google Plus and whatever company your probably planning on buying next, but I really think it would be worth your while. You see, I’m a fan of Android, I like that adults are allowed to use it, as opposed to the mollycoddling iOS, but there is an area it falls short on, and that’s music. You’ve been making all the right gestures, but unusually Google, you just don’t seem to be thinking in the right direction.

People have ranted before about how poor the standard Android music player is, and clearly you’ve listened. It really is quite pretty now (even if it does still occasionally just stop playing mid song), and functions pretty smoothly and intuitively. The big problem is, which you don’t seem to have noticed, is that I don’t want to just listen to music on my phone, I want to listen to it on my pc too – and that’s where Apple resoundingly trumps you. It might be a lot easier to create a playlist on my phone now, but it would be even easier if I could create it on my pc and transfer it, and vice versa. iTunes does all this and more, but is such a cumbersome, demanding piece of software. You write such neat, clean straight-forward software – couldn’t you make us a simple music player. That I can easily add album art to. And sync music and playlists with my Android phone. You know, it could even integrate with G+ so that you can share what you’re listening too with friends.

There’s one more feature that you really must get on there. I was disdainful when Apple introduced it, but it does make sense - Automatically generated playlists. When you have a lot of music, and don’t have the time (particularly if you can only do it on your phone) to make playlists, auto-generated ones save the day. And the Apple algorithm doesn’t even seem to be that good – surely you Google, king of the algorithms, should be able to do something amazing there.

So Google, please, PLEASE, get your music in order, you could do it so well and so easily. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Use Mediamonkey for PC, or Banshee on Linux to easily sync music and playlists between computers and Android phones.

The HTC proprietary software is absolutely rubbish to sync phones.
Warren said…
Will check out MediaMonkey, but what about auto playlists. Where are my auto playlists?!

Popular posts from this blog

Garden of Unearthly Silent Disco

Getting Ink Done or Getting Done by Ink

Celebrity Gossip - Feb 2008