Cyndi Lauper Rocks

In contrast to my somewhat long-winded Hard Candy rant, let me keep this short. Cyndi Lauper kicks Madonna's hard candy ass. 'High and Mighty' is an awesome track, produced by Amsterdam's Scumfrog, who has remixed Kelis, Bowie and Kylie among others. Below (audio only) are two of my favourite tracks, 'Echo' and the Basement Jaxx produced 'Rocking Chair'. Cyndi has apparently done vocals on one of the track's on their new album too, which excites me no end. (Still wish they would work with Annie Lennox, but Cyndi is almost as good!) 'Same Ol' Story' is brilliant too, unlike the big M, who droppd the f-word into 'I Love New York', Cyndi sings it with every chorus of 'It's the same old fucking story'. Also below is the first video from the album, 'Into the night life', by the same producer as 'Echo'. Have to go get my groove on now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Gossip - Feb 2008

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming about the 80's with M83

Garden of Unearthly Silent Disco